Saturday, October 22, 2005

Rainy Days

Rainy Days
by Charlotte Mair

There can be nothing quite as awesome
As Mother Nature spewing her tears on us

Seems rain makes most feel depressed and futile
But it makes me think of the past and gives calm

If ever my times are bad
Rain soothes me

Tiny droplets on the panes
Refresh me, lift me

Sprinkling spatters cool my face
As I look in to the sky -- all lost loves wash clean


Falling deep in to my thoughts -- refreshed
Sleep says hello to my dreams

Patting down on a tin roof -- rain sings
Making the night clear for a new dawn

Never can there be a more soothing sound to me
Breathe the air -- it is fresh and clean
A sound of nature that is free for the choosing
Take this gift of the earth
Use it for your musing
Appreciate the days of rain
And the sun will always shine on your tomorrow

0 comments: