Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Another Valentine's day poem......

Every year, for the past year or so, i've been writing a few poems or copy it from the net, so, i would like to continue the tradition in having one love poem in my blog.......
Valentine's day it's overrated like mother's day, father's day etc......Like what Kenny Sia said in his recent blog,

"I reckon February the 14th is one big freaking conspiracy theory set up by little girls to force their boyfriends into being extra sweet and nice to them, just so them girls could make their friends jealous"

It's like you only celebrate your love with girlfriend/mistress/wife once a year.......same as mother's day......you only love your mom once a year......same concept......

Or worst......

Valentine's day is the only day the wife can have some love from her husband as the other 364 (365 in leap year), the husband is with his mistress.......or The girlfriend
gets the boyfriend to pay for a dinner as she's always benn paying for the rest of the year......

In other places like in the US of A or Shanghai, V'day is highly rated among love birds....If 1 person does not celebrate Valentine's day, they'll be mock or critizes by their peers.......It's like peer pressure to do something on V'day.......Some desperate people will go to great length to get something from V'day.......i heard of some cases where they'll send flowers or chocolates to their office to themselves and claim it to be anonymous......kinda sad they have to stoop so low........

For me, im kinda have a double standard on V'day......

Let me explain in economic terms......

I don't really celebrate it as you need a lot of capital to be spend our all incurred cost as you'll not see much revenue from it......it's a win-lose situation......the guys is the loser as the girls rakes up your whole monthly wages.......if you think getting laid from your girlfriends is your returns, then i have nothing to say......

Anyway, if you love your girlfriend/mistress/wife/cousin only once a year, then, go ahead.....i have no right to stop you from splashing your money s it's only once a year.....

Well, if it's was me, i'll do the same as any other guy........to treat her extra special on that day.......not like i don't treat her special any other day......

Cheers!!!!! Enjoy the poem below........


Beautiful Eyes, Beautiful Face
Beautiful eyes, beautiful face,

I'm shy to talk to you.

You're the eagle I must watch

No matter what I do.

You're the beauty, wild and free,

The mistress of my eyes,

Rolling through exultant air,

Alone in pristine skies.

I would take you for my own

Could I but have your wings,

Could I but go where night begins

And frozen sunlight sings.

Could I but have you for my love,

How might we fly together!

But I must watch you from below

And long for you forever.

But I must be the one below

And long for you forever.

0 comments: