Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Penang.......Land of the Ho Chak!!!! -Day 3

Day 3 in Penang........Today, i used my new digicam until the batteries died........ I took all sort of pictures today........from the beach, places to eat, 'leng lui's etc.........i'll upload it when i go go home tomorrow..........

Today, was all about eating.........We went from north to south, east to west of Penang to find for the best place to eat.........

First, we went back to Air Hitam and eat our lunch......didnt eat breakfast because we got up late....My mom had prawn mee, my dad, hainan chicken rice, and me, char keuy teow......it was not all that great as it still taste like the ones in KL my keuy teow.......but, my mom's prawn mee was not that bad as it tasted different from the one in KL.....

Then, we went shopping there.....it was a bargainer's paradise.......go there, see what you like, and then negotiate the price until it fulfill your standard...... I got some sleeve-less shirts for only RM 10 per shirt...........it was originally RM 28......

Here, it's a buyer's market......

My mom bought some blause and sesame oil......

Then, we went all the way to Perak Road to eat.......It was a bit frustrating as we got lost so many times.....but we made it......after 45 minutes going from one end to the other........

We went to eat again in a place near a "padang"(my dad call that place using that name....)
I had Ice Kacang, sotong kangkung, yam cakes, and curry laksa.....while my mom, assam laksa..........we shared the sotong n yam cakes..............all was damn cheap and delicious......cannot get in KL...,....

Then, we went shopping again, it was a place i forgotten the name.....but it's located near the Penang Police HQ......

Went there and bought tau sah pneah and kiam hiu(salted fish), with some macademia nuts.......
After that, we went back to Batu Ferringgi.

I went to the seashore for a while to take more pictures and walk around.......

Then, after an hour, we went out again.....this time we went to Tanjung Bungah to eat dinner.....
We had assam curry fish head, kai lan choi and sweet & sour fried chicken.....Damn!! it was good!!!! i even had a second helping of rice to savour the food there.........

We went back after that and now im here writing this post.......

Penang food does not use much salt as they emphasize on flavour instead of taste......so next time you go Penang, and the food does not have taste, please try again as you're suppose to savour the flavour of the food, not to taste......

Cheers........

0 comments: